Creating a LinkedIn company page is easy – it’s gaining the followers that’s the hard part. Here’s some guidance on how to boost those numbers.
- If your employees have a LinkedIn account, get them to add your company as their place of work. They will then automatically follow your page.
- Optimise your content for maximum reach. According to LinkedIn, ‘best of’ posts get up to 40% more engagement than regular company blogs.
- Add the LinkedIn follow button to your company’s website.
- Share your videos with your followers. Videos are known to get around double the social interactions than normal posts, if successful.
- Include relevant keywords on your company page to optimise them for searches. Longer, content heavy posts tend to do better.
- Engage with your current crop of followers. Don’t neglect them just because you are focusing on gaining more.
- Take part in LinkedIn groups by sharing your thoughts and opinions on industry-related topics.
- Share your company news. If you have any brand advocates following you, they will love an inside scoop on what’s happening.
- Promote your LinkedIn page on other channels – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, your email list etc.
- Utilise the LinkedIn Showcase pages feature. You could add departments, company initiatives or product categories that sit below your main company page.
Read and comment on the original Forbes article.